Lip injections are having a bit of a moment, as many people feel that plumping a pout with a liner won’t do. And therefore, lip injections are all the rage and don’t appear to be going anywhere soon. So if you’re thinking about getting lip injections or fillers, here are a few things you should know before you go…
What is lip injection?
It is cosmetic surgery, one among the procedures used for lip augmentation to enhance the appearance of the lips by making them fuller. Also, it’ll beautify your lips by filling the layers of the lips. These injections are unique and can be used for various purposes based on the desired outcome.
Types of lip injections:
Though they are usually dermal fillers which comprises of substances similar to hyaluronic acid and performs the purpose of increasing the size and the looks of your lips. But, one of the main reasons for injecting this composition is the deficiency of hyaluronic acids that are normally present in the body but as you age it tends to decrease which makes the lip lose natural form. As a result, people opt for artificial remedies.
Some of the lip injections types are as follows:-
- Autologen: It is an injection in which the substance to be injected is extracted from the patient’s immune system. And therefore, it does not show any allergies.
- Collagen: It is an injection in which the nutrients are extracted from the cow and carries some risks of allergies.
- Artecoll: This injection helps in plumping the lips. It contains some synthetic materials and might show up some allergies to the skin.
- Fascia: It is prepared either from the patients body or the deceased donor. It can be implanted either by surgical procedures or through injections.
- Dermalogen: It is a type of injection which is obtained from deceased donors. And therefore, shows some temporary relief stuff.
- Some other commonly used lip injections for lip augmentation procedure are Hylaform and Restylane.
- Then, there are even lip augmentation options for Permanent lip fillers. It is especially for those who find that the temporary fillers don’t last or for those who don’t want to have frequent lip injections. It is risky and extra precautions are required to be taken. It can cause complications like hardness, lumps or nodules. There is a degree of inflammation that occurs post permanent filler injections. This is slightly more tricky than that from temporary fillers. As it is the most critical injection techniques because any error can’t be easily corrected. Once a permanent injection is injected into the lips, it is not advisable to inject any other filler over them such as temporary fillers.
Temporary Lip injections generally last for about 4 to 6 months. As for permanent lip injections, a filler is used that lasts for approximately 10 years.
Lip injections before and after:
Here are some pictures which will give you a clear understanding of lip injections usage and effects on before and after scenario-
Can you supplement collagen-rich foods instead of the Lip Injections?
Dermatologists say there isn’t any conclusive evidence that ingested collagen affects the Lips. When collagen reaches the stomach, it gets broken down into amino acids just like any other protein. “It’s not as if there is collagen that can be magically transported to the Lips in its whole form. Collagen is like a complex frame that needs to be injected to get incorporated into your lips.
Juvederm Injections: Treatment details and cost
Juvederm injection is a cosmetic filler intended to fill in wrinkles and folds. They fill in the space between collagen and elastin in the skin. And once injected, it increases smoothness and volume, attracting water molecules to improve hydration. As a result, fine lines and wrinkles improve. It offers the highest available concentration of hyaluronic acid and has a smoother consistency which leads to a more natural appearance.
Injections take about 30 minutes. You can find the best centers around you on www.Inkarn.com. You can also compare prices at various centers and choose the best centers on Inkarn.
Most of the patients experience only minor discomfort at the time of injection and opt not to use any form of anesthesia. For a comfortable and pain-free experience, it can be formulated with lidocaine.
It is considered as the safest lip injection and has potential side effects like redness, tenderness and minor bruising around the injected area and normally subsides within a few days. The best part is patients don’t have to take off from work after the treatment and can return to work immediately.
The average cost of Juvederm treatment is $300 to $800 approximately the price may vary depending on the doctor chosen, area treated and other factors. Find the best prices for Juvederm on www.Inkarn.com. It also depends on the volume needed to achieve the desired results. As filling more Juvederm is slightly more expensive.
So, without thinking much get your Lip injections done.