About Restylane and Juvederm
- Restylane and Juvederm are hyaluronic acid-containing dermal fillers used to plump up the skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. These are nonsurgical (noninvasive) procedures.
- Restylane Silk is used for both lip augmentation and lip lines.
- Juvederm Ultra XC plumps up the lips, while Juvederm Volbella XC is used for vertical lines above the lip as well as mild plumping of the natural lip fillers.
Each brand has different formulas specifically designed for the lips that are approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
Safety For Fillers
- Minor side effects include swelling, redness, and bruising at the injection site.
- Serious side effects are uncommon. Scars and discoloration are rare. Sometimes Restylane Silk or Juvederm lip filler can lead to numbness, which may be associated with the ingredient lidocaine.
- Restylane and Juvederm are considered out-patient procedures. They’re done within minutes at your provider’s office.
- Lip wrinkle filler takes a shorter amount of time compared to dermal fillers for the cheeks or forehead.
- Restylane injections cost between $300 and $650 per injection.
- Juvederm lip fillers cost near me treatment averages out at about $600 per injection.
- No downtime is required.
- Insurance doesn’t cover dermal fillers, so you may need to talk to your provider about payment plans or financing options.
- Restylane and Juvederm results are seen quickly and last for several months, but with slight variations.
- Restylane takes a few days longer to work, and lasts around 10 months.
- Juvederm lasts about one year. The initial results are instant.
- With either choice, you’ll need follow-up injections in the future in order to maintain your results.