Fraxel Skin Resurfacing, Wrinkle Treatments and Postoperative Scar Management :
There are a variety of uses for Fraxel laser treatment near me and are effective for helping treat a number of skin concerns, from surgical scars after a Tummy Tuck to lines, wrinkles and uneven texture.
Let’s find out which skin conditions are best treated by Fraxel !
Fraxel for wrinkles before and after treatment arrangement can help an assortment of skin concerns and treat different skin conditions.
- Improves skin tone and texture
- Improves Skin Colour (dyschromia)
- Refines pores and reduces the appearance of pore size
- Erases unwanted brown spots or pigmentation (select skin types only)
- Smooths wrinkles and reduces fine lines (if more help is needed, try cosmetic injectables such as facial injections/dermal filler injections or muscle-relaxing wrinkle injection treatments)
- Reduces acne and helps in scar formation after cosmetic surgery
No. of Fraxel treatments required depends on the seriousness of the damage of the skin being treated. Generally it is recommended to do a course of 1 to 5 Fraxel Laser Treatments. Patients experience levels of discomfort depends on the sensitivity of skin though getting a Fraxel laser is not that painful.
Be sure you follow the PRE-Fraxel treatment guidelines and post-treatment instructions very carefully to help reduce chances of discomfort during or after a treatment. A fraxel before and after pores topical anesthetic cream is applied to the affected area 45 minutes to 1 hour prior to the treatment to ensure comfort during the procedure. it is important to avoid the use of any products containing glycolic acid, retinol or retinoids, bleaching agents and hydroquinone for ONE WEEK prior to the procedure.
The cost varies depending on your skin condition. Fraxel machine cost around $1,500 per treatment for just the face and up to $2,000 if you add on the neck and chest.
How long does a Fraxel Treatment take?
The fraxel laser machine treatment will last from 10-30 minutes relying upon the size of the zone treated. In any case, for every session specialists request to enable 2 hours to incorporate time for the topical soporific cream to produce results.
Are the FRAXEL Laser Treatments safe for all skin types?
- Unlike Dermapen (Skin Needling/Mico-Needling), FRAXEL Laser treatments may NOT be suitable for ALL skin types or concerns.
- At high powers, gentle rankling as well as transitory skin discolouration can happen particularly in darker skin patients.
What to expect to feel during and after a Fraxel laser treatment?
- As the laser moves over your skin you will feel itchy and generally go away within 2-3 hours
- Straight after the treatment your skin may feel like it has been sunburnt
- Redness and swelling may also be commencing at this time
- It is advisable to apply ice packs to the treated area when you return home to help you feel more comfortable.
The redness and swelling of fraxel downtime may persist for a few days. The skin may then take on a bronzed and reddened appearance for up to 14 days. The duration of this will depend on the nature of your treatment and the area treated as face usually take a longer time to heal.
Most patients will begin to see some improvement within a few days after the procedure. However, it is the collagen remodelling in the deeper layers of the skin, that occur over several months after your treatment, that creates the smoothing and tightening of the skin.
There may be gradual fractional laser side effects improvement for up to a year following a series of treatments.
It is necessary to do the following in the week you undergo the treatment :
- Ice Packs on day of treatment
- Cetaphil moisturizer as often as needed
- No excessive exercise, sweating or swimming for 1 week
- No shaving the affected area
- Avoid sun exposure