Restylane is a FDA-approved collection of dermal or injectable fillers made of biodegradable, non-animal stabilized hyaluronic acid. This injectable filler is used to treat moderate to severe facial wrinkles, restylane under eyes and folds, for example, lines from your node to the corners of your mouth, and also to plump the lips. It is a clear gel formulation of hyaluronic acid that is specifically formulated to act like the body’s naturally produced hyaluronic acid.
Who is the Right Candidate for Restylane?
Restylane can be ideal for those individuals looking for a temporary solution to wrinkles, fine lines on the forehead, or general loss of volume in the face. However, this gel is not recommended for anyone who has a bleeding disorder or someone with a connective tissue disorder. It is always a good idea to talk to your doctor before going for any treatment no matter how mild or small it may be. If you have hyperpigmentation, restylane silk react to hyaluronic acid or history of scaring, it is important to seek your doctor’s approval before trying this treatment that restylane how long does it last .
Benefits of Restylane :
- It can last up to a year
- Restylane dermal filler is not a permanent solution and if you need a permanent solution you should talk with your doctor to know your options restylane how it works, Generally, this dermal filler lasts for six to nine months. However, this depends on the area of application, the amount used, the patient’s metabolism and activity level. In other words, this dermal filler works well in areas that are not so active or mobile. For example, it can last up to one year or more when it is applied under the lower eyelids and it disappears the quickest in areas that are very active like the lip.
- Restylane benefits shows fast results
- Very few people will notice immediate results, however, the final outcome is realized after two weeks once bruising and swelling is resolved. Therefore, if you do not see immediate results, do not give up. Be patient and you will see results after two weeks. However, if you do not see desired results it is important to visit your doctor again for a follow-up treatment or observation.
- Bruising and swelling is not severe
- Depending on the site of the injection, you should expect some swelling and bruising around the area to last for a few days on restylane before and after lips. You should, however, avoid omega acids, alcohol and ibuprofen. Instead, you can use traditional methods of treatment like icing with a cold compress for the first 48 hours.
Side Effects of Restylane
- Like any other medical procedure, there are mild to severe side effects of Restylane. However, with an experienced cosmetic surgeon, you should not expect severe side effects. The most common side effect is the presence of bumps around the treated area. Fortunately, this goes away after a few months.