About Restylane and Juvederm
- Restylane and Juvederm are hyaluronic acid-containing dermal fillers used to plump up the skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. These are nonsurgical (noninvasive) procedures.
- Restylane Silk is used for both lip augmentation and lip lines.
- Juvederm Ultra XC plumps up the lips, while Juvederm Volbella XC is used for vertical lines above the lip as well as mild plumping of the natural lip fillers.
Each brand has different formulas specifically designed for the lips that are approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
Safety For Fillers
- Minor side effects include swelling, redness, and bruising at the injection site.
- Serious side effects are uncommon. Scars and discoloration are rare. Sometimes Restylane Silk or Juvederm lip filler can lead to numbness, which may be associated with the ingredient lidocaine.
- Restylane and Juvederm are considered out-patient procedures. They’re done within minutes at your provider’s office.
- Lip wrinkle filler takes a shorter amount of time compared to dermal fillers for the cheeks or forehead.
- Restylane injections cost between $300 and $650 per injection.
- Juvederm lip fillers cost near me treatment averages out at about $600 per injection.
- No downtime is required.
- Insurance doesn’t cover dermal fillers, so you may need to talk to your provider about payment plans or financing options.
- Restylane and Juvederm results are seen quickly and last for several months, but with slight variations.
- Restylane takes a few days longer to work, and lasts around 10 months.
- Juvederm lasts about one year. The initial results are instant.
- With either choice, you’ll need follow-up injections in the future in order to maintain your results.
Restylane and Juvederm are hyaluronic acid-containing dermal fillers used for treating signs of skin aging. Hyaluronic acid has a “plumping” effect that’s useful for both wrinkles and volumizing the lips.
Read on to learn more about how these fillers compare so you can make the most informed decision with your doctor.
Juvederm Ultra or Volbella XC for lips
Juvederm comes in two forms for the lips:
- Juvederm Ultra XC is designed for lip augmentation.
- Juvederm Volbella XC is used for best filler vertical lip lines, as well as a slight volume to the lips.
Depending on what results you’re looking for, your provider may recommend one over the other.
Bruising and swelling are common reactions to filler injections and maybe apparent for two to three days. How long these symptoms last can depend on where you’re getting the injections.
If you’re treating lip lines, expect these side effects to go away within seven days.
How to Make Cosmetic Fillers Last
To maintain your treatment results for cosmetic lip fillers, we recommend taking care of your skin and your overall health. There are several techniques for increasing the lifespan of dermal fillers.
Minimize UV Exposure :
One of the most common causes of skin damage is overexposure to UV light. Consistent protection against the rays of the sun can maintain your results after any skincare treatment. During sun exposure, wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 45 or higher to protect your skin from direct UV radiation.
Consistent Skin Care :
Keeping your skin healthy and moisturized can help maintain your treatment results as well. Drinking plenty of water can keep your skin hydrated and enhance the effect of hyaluronic acid fillers. After your treatment, we can recommend skincare products that complement the effects of your filler type.
Regular Treatment Maintenance
The best way to extend your treatment results is through regular touch-ups. Undergoing maintenance treatments before your results wear off can enhance the effects of injectable procedures.