Another cosmetic treatment which is hailed as a natural, versatile, long-lasting, and safe is the fat transfer treatment. This treatment is now much in vogue to enhance the facial volume of those patients who are averse to traditional dermal fillers, for instance, bovine-derived collagen. We have listed down few benefits and associated risks related to this treatment which can prove vital in helping you make a decision. Let’s have a look:
- You can be completely tension free when it comes to developing an allergic reaction from this treatment. You can simply get your face volume enhanced with absolutely no chance of an adverse allergic reaction through this method.
- The duration of the procedure’s results is another popular reason for choosing the treatment. The theory so followed in this process is that almost 65 percent of the injected fat usually gets reabsorbed into the body within a few months of the fat injection. And the remaining 35 percent usually stays for some years. In order to get the most effective results, you can choose to have several fat transfer treatments over the course of a few months.
- One of the best benefits of this method is that it can be easily combined with other facial rejuvenation procedures such as botox treatment, laser hair removal or a body procedure such as liposuction. Thus, this treatment does not pose any kind of hindrance in the normal carrying out of other cosmetic treatments. Also, it is a common notion amongst many patients that undergoing facial fat transfer in addition to one of these procedures is anyway more cost-effective than undergoing these treatments separately.
Although the chances of risks or complications under this treatment are minimum, however, you might come across a few. Let us have a look:
- You might experience some soreness and swelling but this may not be the case with every patient. The major downside of this procedure is that your face or lips might simply reabsorb most or all of the fat injection. This completely varies on body types of the patients and the chances of this consequence cannot be predicted. On average, it happens with half of the patients who receive the injections.
- Another complication in line can be that you might turn out to be disappointed with the results of the procedure. It might happen that the duration of the effect of the fat injection may not be as long as you like or your face may not react to the treatment the way it should have. So, it is always advisable that you consult with a cosmetic surgeon about every little detail beforehand only as your face or lips may not look exactly as you aspire for. To book the best doctor around you, check now with Inkarn.
- There might be rare but possible complications such as permanent discoloration due to a ruptured blood vessel at the treatment site, a distorted look if overcorrection is done, scar tissue or a blood-borne infection. So, you just cannot be sure of the after effects of these cosmetic treatments altogether.
In a nutshell, keeping in mind all the pros and cons of the fat transfer treatment, make sure that you make a wise decision of undergoing the treatment or not. And if you intend to, ensure that you have an experienced dermatologist to guide you in the right direction. Choose one for yourself with Inkarn.